Congratulations to Sundance Films Completed Using Blackmagic Design Products
Fremont, CA – January 27, 2015 - Blackmagic Design would like to congratulate the large number of films in the 2015 Sundance Film Festival competition that were shot and finished using Blackmagic Design products. Some of the most anticipated movies at the upcoming festival were shot using Blackmagic Design cameras, including Oscar winner Daniel Junge and Johnny Knoxville’s "Being Evel,” while more than 20 films at this year’s festival were color graded using DaVinci Resolve.
The Sundance Film Festival has introduced global audiences to some of the most groundbreaking films of the past three decades. This year’s festival will be held in Park City, Utah from January 22 – February 1. Inclusion in the festival’s competition is one of the most prestigious honors an independent film can achieve, and Blackmagic Design products continue to be used by a huge number of independent filmmakers creating amazing films.
The Sundance films that used Blackmagic cameras include:
- Being Evel, Director and DP Daniel Junge: Blackmagic Cinema Cameras as well as Blackmagic Design’s Teranex 2D Processor and DaVinci Resolve;
- Bob and the Trees, co DPs Chris Teague and Danny Vecchione: Pocket Cinema Cameras and DaVinci Resolve, Colorist Nat Jencks of Outlier Post;
- The Strongest Man, DP Tom Garner: Production Camera 4K and DaVinci Resolve, Colorist TJ Nelson;
- Things of the Aimless Wanderer, DP Kivu Ruhorahoza: Blackmagic Cinema Camera and DaVinci Resolve; Colorist Joseph Bicknell
Sundance films graded using DaVinci Resolve:
- 3 1Ž2 Minutes, Colorist Greg Fisher of Company 3;
- Best of Enemies, Colorist Andrew Balis at Different by Design, with Blackmagic Design’s Teranex 2D Processor also used on the film;
- Call Me Lucky and The Overnight, Colorist Aaron Peak of Tool + Dye;
- City of Gold, Finders Keepers and The Hunting Ground, Colorist Brian Hutchings at Different by Design;
- Chorus, Colorist François Delisle of FILMS 53/12;
- Christmas, Again, Colorist Jason Crump of Metropolis Post;
- Don Verdeen and Z for Zachariah, Colorist Alex Bickel of Color Collective;
- End of the Tour, Colorist Bryan McMahan of Modern VideoFilm;
- Entertainment, Freelance Colorist Joe Malina, Colorist Lynette Duensing of CINELICIOUS;
- Every Day and People, Places, Things, Colorist Nat Jencks of Outlier Post;
- Glasslands, Colorist Eugene McCarthy of EMC Post;
- Homesick, Colorist Dylan Hopkin;
- I Am Michael, Colorist Tyler Fagerstrom of CINELICIOUS;
- I Smile Back, Colorist Roman Hankewycz of Harbor Picture Company;
- Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, Colorist Shane Harris of Company 3;
- Nasty Baby, Colorist Jeff Altman of Color Collective;
- Paris is Burning, Colorist Gregg Garvin of Modern VideoFilm;
- Slow West, Colorist Rob Pizzey of Goldcrest Post;
- Strangerland, Freelance Colorist Deidre McClelland at Soundfirm;
- Tangerine, Colorist Luke Cahill at Different By Design;
- The Nightmare, Colorist Andrew Balis of Tool + Dye;
- The Diary of a Teenage Girl and True Story, Colorist Tom Poole of Company 3;
- Umrika, Colorist Stefan King;
- Welcome to Leith, Colorist Ken Sirulnick of Glue Editing & Design NYC.
Product photos of Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Production Camera 4K, Pocket Cinema Camera, DaVinci Resolve, Teranex 2D Processor and all other Blackmagic Design products, are available here.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au.
About New Magic Australia Pty Ltd (Australian and New Zealand Blackmagic Design master distributor)
New Magic Australia Pty Ltd is a recognised leader in the distribution and marketing of multimedia hardware and software, representing a carefully selected range of innovative, leading manufacturers and catering for both the professional and consumer markets. New Magic Australia established in 1993 is the Australian distributor of Blackmagic Design, Convergent Design, Hauppauge Computer Works Inc, Cubix, Matrox Video and Sony Creative Software products. www.newmagic.com.au