Blackmagic Design Products Used on a Variety of 2016 Oscar Nominated Films
Fremont, CA - February 17, 2016 - Blackmagic Design would like to congratulate the 2016 Oscar-nominated films that used an array of Blackmagic Design products, such as Blackmagic Cinema Cameras on “Mad Max: Fury Road,” as well as DaVinci Resolve Studio and Fusion Studio on “The Martian,” among others. Hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the Oscars recognize cinematic achievements in the film industry, and Blackmagic Design is honored that its products were chosen to help bring these stunning films to life. Some of the 2016 Oscar-nominated films that used Blackmagic Design products include:
- “Amy,” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Paul Ensby of Deluxe’s Company 3;
- “Cartel Land,” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Seth Ricart of RCO;
- “Mad Max: Fury Road,” select scenes shot with Blackmagic Cinema Cameras by DP John Seale;
- “The Martian,” stereo converted with Fusion Studio by Senior Stereo Supervisor Richard Baker of Prime Focus World;
- “The Martian,” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Stephen Nakamura of Deluxe’s Company 3;
- “Mustang,” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Yov Moor;
- “Spotlight,” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Tom Poole of Deluxe’s Company 3; and
- “What Happened Miss Simone,” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Colorist Yohance Brown at Radical Media's Outpost Digital.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/.
About New Magic Australia Pty Ltd (Australian and New Zealand Blackmagic Design master distributor)
New Magic Australia Pty Ltd is a recognised leader in the distribution and marketing of multimedia hardware and software, representing a carefully selected range of innovative, leading manufacturers and catering for both the professional and consumer markets. New Magic Australia established in 1993 is the Australian distributor of Blackmagic Design, Convergent Design, Hauppauge Computer Works Inc, Cubix, Matrox Video and Telestream Wirecast Software products. www.newmagic.com.au.