Top Sundance Films Created Using Blackmagic Design Cameras and DaVinci Resolve Studio
Fremont, CA - January 27, 2016 - Blackmagic Design today announced that DaVinci Resolve Studio, Blackmagic Cinema Cameras and Pocket Cinema Cameras were used on more than 35 films at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.
Some of the most anticipated films from around the world, and in every category of the festival, were shot and completed using Blackmagic Design products. These films include Andre Hyland’s comedy “The 4th,” shot using Blackmagic Cinema Cameras and Pocket Cinema Cameras and graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio; and highly anticipated films such as “Other People,” “The Lobster” and Spike Lee’s “Michael Jackson’s Journey from Motown to Off the Wall,” which all were graded using DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Sundance Films That Used Blackmagic Design Cameras:
- “The 4th,” shot by DP Shane Bruce Johnston and DP Charles J. Gibson with Blackmagic Cinema Cameras and Pocket Cinema Cameras, and color graded by Mark Todd Osborne with DaVinci Resolve Studio;
- “All These Sleepless Nights,” shot by Director and DP Michal Marczak with Pocket Cinema Camera;
- “Manoman,” shot by DP Steven Cameron Ferguson with Pocket Cinema Camera; and
- “Operation Avalanche,” shot by DPs Jared Raab and Andrew Appelle with Pocket Cinema Camera.
Sundance Films That Used DaVinci Resolve Studio:
- “Ali & Nino,” by Colorist Paul Ensby of Deluxe’s Company 3;
- “As You Are,” by Producer and Colorist Joseph Mastantuono of Good Post NY;
- “Carnage Park,” by Colorist Jason Knutzen;
- “Cemetery of Splendor,” by Colorist Chaitawat Traisarnsri of White Light Post;
- “Christine,” by Colorist Sam Daley of Technicolor PostWorks;
- “Complete Unknown,” by Colorist Alex Bickel of Color Collective at Technicolor PostWorks;
- “Equity,” by Colorist Roman Hankewycz of Harbor Picture Company;
- “The Eyes of My Mother,” by Colorist Sam Daley of Technicolor PostWorks;
- “First Girl I Loved,” by Colorist Narbeh Tatoussian of Blacklist Digital;
- “The Fits,” by Colorist Sam Daley of Technicolor PostWorks;
- “A Flag Without a Country,” by Colorist Sohrab Nourbakhsh of TANGRAM Studio;
- “Goat,” by Colorist Nat Jencks of Outlier Post;
- “Indignation,” by Colorist Alex Bickel of Color Collective at Technicolor PostWorks;
- “The Itching,” by Colorist Chris Ramey;
- “Jacqueline (Argentine),” by Colorist Samuel Gursky of Irving Harvey;
- “Joshy,” by Colorist Mark Todd Osborne;
- “Land of the Enlightened,” by Colorist Donal O’Kane of Screen Scene;
- “The Lobster,” by Colorist Tony Ford;
- “Michael Jackson’s Journey from Motown to Off the Wall,” by Colorist Roman Hankewycz of Harbor Picture Company;
- “Miles Ahead,” by Colorist Stephen Nakamura of Deluxe’s Company 3;
- “Morris from America,” by Colorist Sebastian Göhs;
- “Other People,” by Colorist Mike Howell of Color Collective;
- “Rams,” by Colorist Norman Nisbet;
- “Sing Street,” by Colorist Donal O’Kane of Screen Scene;
- “Sleight,” by Colorist Jason Knutzen;
- “Sophie and the Rising Sun,” by Colorist Roman Hankewycz of Harbor Picture Company;
- “Swiss Army Man,” by Colorist Sofie Borup of Deluxe’s Company 3;
- “Trash Fire,” by Cinematographer and Colorist Shane Daly of Reb10digilab.com;
- “Under the Shadow,” by Colorist Filipe Fernandes of Creativity Media;
- “White Girl,” by Colorist Sam Daley of Technicolor PostWorks;
- “Wiener-Dog,” by Colorist Sam Daley of Technicolor PostWorks; and
- “Yoga Hosers,” by Colorist Mark Todd Osborne.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/.
About New Magic Australia Pty Ltd (Australian and New Zealand Blackmagic Design master distributor)
New Magic Australia Pty Ltd is a recognised leader in the distribution and marketing of multimedia hardware and software, representing a carefully selected range of innovative, leading manufacturers and catering for both the professional and consumer markets. New Magic Australia established in 1993 is the Australian distributor of Blackmagic Design, Convergent Design, Hauppauge Computer Works Inc, Cubix, Matrox Video and Telestream Wirecast Software products. www.newmagic.com.au.